Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving


We have had a busy week.  My mom and dad came for a visit Tuesday. Bless Big Reds heart (my mom)  she drove down with my Dad went back to Pocatello, and turned around Wednesday to bring our kids down for Thanksgiving. Kolay, Matt and their two cute kids came down to spend Thanksgiving with us also. I don't know how we would have done this without the support of our families. We had a great thanksgiving surrounded by family.  

Jordon had an amazing thanksgiving dinner at the hospital  PB&J. Before you start thinking I am a horrible wife, just know that was what he wanted.  

The kids turn Jordon's bed into a carnival ride. Mckay make the bed sit straight up and then use it as a slide. The girls laid on the bed pushing all the buttons. I feel bad for the nurses.  The call button is right next to the bed controls.  I just told the nurses I will find them if we need anything, and to just ignore the call button. Addie and Maya play pictionary on the stainless steal  panels on Jordon's closet.  Mckay caught us all off guard as he pulled the front of his pants and underwear down. He pulled his bubble tape gum from his underwear to all of our surprise. When I told him that was not OK he told it was fine that was his pocket.  



Mckay informed me  I was now his grandma and Grandma Red was his mom.  The first time he said that it about ripped my heart out.  Now I just laugh and say yes I am.  I will spoil you rotten, fill you full of sugar, keep you up late, not give you naps, and then I will send you home with Grandma Red aka MOM.  BAhaha.  

We had a little celebration for Maya's birthday Friday morning in Jordon's room.  Maya is now 7 years old.  Its amazing how time flies. We were trying to make it as special of a day as possible.  I tried to talk her into going out for breakfast but she was not really interested.  Her requests for the day were ice cream, (the hospital has great ice cream) and subway for lunch.      

Not a whole lot has changed as far as Jordon's medical updates. He has started to shed his summer hair in preparation to grow in his thick winter hair.  His hair started to fall out yesterday.  I brought the buzzer this morning and we help the process along.  Its a good thing he has a nice looking head.  The lack of hair really brings out his eyes.  

We should start seeing the effects of the transplant some time next week.  Then its up to Jordon's body to see what happens.  We have been told that some peoples marrow just takes off, others is really a slow process. We are hopping for the take off approach, but  we will have to just wait and see.  

Jordon's stomach has been pretty upset for the last two weeks but seems to be getting a little better. We are hopping the damage the chemo did to his stomach is starting to heal.  He has not has the energy to ride the bike in his room much but he has been going for walk through out the day.  Thanks you all for your love and support through all of this.        

No comments: