Monday, November 17, 2014

13 Pounds Lighter

The saying  "Doctors make the worst patients" does not stand true for Jordon.  The doctors on the first day told him the chemo is really bad for your bladder and kidneys so you need to make sure you are drinking and we will hyper hydrate you via IV.  Well Jordon did what he was told and drank 5 liters the end result was a very puffy man.  He had put on 13 pounds of water weight.  I don't think I will ever complain about being bloated again.  Those were not the toes of the man I married. Talk about a crash diet he peed out 9300ml of fluid today, and the feet I know and love are back.      
As I sit on my butt writing todays update Jordon is hooked up to his Chemo, riding the stationary bike in his room and watching football. I love watching the nurses faces when they come in to check on Jordon and find him riding  his bike. 

The nasty effects of the ATG that we were told about have not seemed to effect Jordon.  (Thanks for small miracles)  Now we will wait and see what the Chemo effects are, they usually hit about a week later.  Some people have nausea at this point but Jordon has not!! 

My mom brought the kids down for their first visit. They were so excited to see their dad, seeing me was just an added bonus.  It was so wonderful to see their faces and hold them. The kids didn't know what to think about the central line in Jordon's chest.  I don't know if either of the girls will have a stomach for medicine.  I loved Addie's face when I told her the nurses had to measure how much Dad had peed.

Here's to praying tomorrow goes as good as today.  

Random Medical Trivia 
 Jordon had a fever when they took his temp in one ear and his temp was normal in his other.  Thinking this was strange they used another thermometer and it was the same outcome.  
No he had not be laying on that side. What is your guess???  

No comments: