Monday, November 24, 2014

Blessings

I don't do serious very well so bare with me, but I need to share some of the more tender moments we have had. 

 The first few days here was extremely hard.  Jordon and I were both trying to come to terms with our new normal.  Sunday morning rolled around and I was having a pity party.  Life is not fair, bla bla bla.  Then at about 9:30 we had a knock on our door.  It was two senior couples from our church here in Salt Lake City.  They were here to make sure we were doing OK, and offered to bless and pass the sacrament in our room. It was so wonderful to feel the comforting arms of our Savior as we bowed our heads. Like clock work four different people showed up this Sunday so Jordon and I could once again take the sacrament. There is such a comfort knowing our Savior knows exactly what we are going through. He may not take away our trial but he will help us along the way.  His help may come from an overwhelming peace when you can't take much more, or sending someone your direction who helps ease your burden.  I am humbled by the love Jordon and I have felt from our Savior, I know he loves us and knows of the burdens each of us carry.




I have some advice for anyone who is admitted to the hospital.  When they ask your religious preference tell them LDS or Mormon.  You are pretty much guaranteed  a visit from at least two people.  They usually take the form of the sweet grandparent type. They will make sure you don't need anything, and tell you how cute and wonderful you are.




No comments: