Thursday, November 20, 2014

Let the games begin

Today is the day.  Once again its been a hurry up and wait day.   Sara Jane was at the hospital at 5:30 this morning for her 7 am appointment with the marrow vampires.  The harvest went pretty well. SJ's back might beg to differ.  It took the doctors an hour longer then they planned.  Her bones are tough and her marrow was not really in a hurry to leave her body.  They were able to get enough thank goodness. After the harvest the marrow is sent to red cross for processing.  Then it comes back to Jordon and is put into him just like a normal blood transfusion.  I feel like their should be fire works and music but the nurses tell me it pretty anticlimactic. I may have to see what I can do to liven it up a little.     

I might get shot for posting this picture. SJ gets a little taste of what Jordon's life is like.  She is spending the night right next door to Jordon's room.


I would like to introduce you to Jordon's alter ego BAIN (from batman).  Jordon has to wear this lovely ensemble whenever he leaves his room.  

The marrow should be here with in the next hour. They are medicating him right now.  WAHOO.  

No comments: