Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Jedi Mind Tricks

I have had some people (my dad )  wondering when my next post is going to be.  Its not that I don't have time, or that I am not willing to write more, I will be totally honest our lives are incredibly boring right now.  I could put you all to sleep if I told you about the day to day life we are living. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for boring, that means Jordon is doing very well.  So well in fact he is starting to use his Jedi Mind tricks on the staff here.

As most of you know hospitals have protocols for about everything.  Here at LDS hospital on the eight floor they have a lot of them.  They want to know about his I's and O's  (ins and outs).  They want to know his calorie count, how much he has drank, how much he has peed, Jordon has managed to put a stop to all of this.  Some of it is because he is doing so well, and the rest is because of  his Jedi skills.  I don't know anyone who gets a full night sleep in the hospital but Jordon, again the Jedi mind trick. He has somehow managed to have his last IV medication taken down at 10pm. They take his vitals, and then do not come back into his room at 6am.  Everyone else has to have vitals at 12am and their blood drawn at 4am.  One of the nurses asked if she could come at least check on his breathing. He informed her that would not be necessary and he would make sure to let her know if he stopped breathing.  

Jordon has been blessed so much while here. Don't get me wrong this has not been easy, but it could be a lot worse.  One of the medications Jordon finished taking two days ago can cause really bad mouth sores.  We had a nurse tell us today its really rare for people to not get mouth sores, Jordon was one of the lucky ones.  

We are now waiting for the bone marrow engraftment to start.  We could start seeing results tomorrow, or it could be next week. The doctors say it is different for everyone and that we just have to be patient. Tomorrow would be the earliest they typically see any changes.  

My mom is always telling me to look for the positive, so here is one of the positives.  I now know what Jordon looks like a little over weight (water weight), really skinny, balding, and completely bald.  I am happy to say I have wanted to be his pole dancing partner no matter how he looked.  I actually think he looks cute bald. When his hair started to fall out he said he look like the sick, stray dogs he saw on his mission in Brazil.  

I was really lucky last week to have car trouble.  Jordon insisted I take the car to Pocatello right away to have it repaired, as he didn't want me having car problems in Salt Lake while he was stuck in the hospital.  I didn't tell the kids I was coming.  I showed up in the parking lot of church as they were getting ready to leave.  Mckay just stared at me for a few seconds not knowing what to think then gave me a big hug. I have never enjoyed time with my kids as much as  I have these past few weeks.  I live for their visits.  Bruce our dog gave me a greeting I will not forget. I was afraid he was going to have a heart attack he was so excited.  I don't know if Jordon's dad was as excited about my car trouble since he was our repairman.  Bless his heart, he spend all day Monday working on my car. We're very grateful.  

Jordon's sister Sara Jane could use some prayers right now.  She is still struggling with her recovery. Her hips are still very sore and energy is low. We're hoping she'll bounce back soon and get back to her beloved time in the gym. 

There otherwise aren't a lot of new things to report. We're hoping Jordon's cell counts decide to pop up this week and looking forward to watching them climb. They're the only thing keeping us in the hospital. We're otherwise counting our blessings and trying to be patient. It will all come in due time. 

Thank you for your prayers and love. They truly are felt and appreciated.

1 comment:

Meg and Ryan said...

We sure love you guys and you are constantly on our minds and in our prayers!! The sweet primary kids talk about you guys and pray for you every Sunday, stay strong, you're awesome!!!